KB11113 - Mobile Data Service error 1067, the process terminated unexpectedly
* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 3.6 Service Pack 7 (22.214.171.124) for Microsoft Exchange
* Microsoft® Windows Server® 2000 Service Pack 4
You receive the following error when you start the BlackBerry Mobile Data Service:
Could not start the Mobile Data Service on the local computer. Error: 1067. The process terminated unexpectedly.
More than one instance of the Java® Runtime Environment (JRE™) is installed on the computer hosting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For example, the following versions are installed:
* J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
* Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.1_02
1. Uninstall all JRE versions from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
2. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Restarting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will delay email message delivery to BlackBerry smartphones. For more information, see KB04789
3. Install the JRE version that was included with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software. If this is not possible, download the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2_13 from the Sun Microsystems
You need a Sun Online Account name and password to access the above web site.
4. In the Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs
5. Select BlackBerry Enterprise Server and click the Change
6. On the wizard that appears, select the Modify
option and remove the MDS Service #1
7. Restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
8. In the Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs.
9. Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server component and click the Change
10. On the wizard that appears, select the Modify
option and add the MDS Service #1 component
. If you are prompted for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software installation media, obtain it and proceed with the installation process.