08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
KB04693 - Unable to push applications to a BlackBerry smartphone wirelessly
KB04693 - Unable to push applications to a BlackBerry smartphone over the wireless network
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software versions 4.0 and 4.1 for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software versions 4.0 and 4.1 for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry smartphone
Applications cannot be pushed over the wireless network from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to BlackBerry smartphone models that were released after the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version was released.
For example, if BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 is installed in your environment, applications will not be pushed to BlackBerry smartphones that were released after BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1, such as the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8300 smartphone and the BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 smartphone.
The BlackBerry Policy Service log (POLC) shows one of the following errors, based on the affected BlackBerry smartphone:
Device info for hardwareID 0x84000b03 could not be found.
Device info for hardwareID 0x84000D03 could not be found.
Device info for hardwareID 0x84000E03 could not be found.
Device info for hardwareID 0x96000f03 could not be found.
The device.xml file on the computer hosting the application share does not include the hardware ID for the affected BlackBerry smartphone.
Install BlackBerry® Device Software for the affected BlackBerry smartphones on the computer hosting the application share. This will update the existing device.xml file to include the hardwareID for the affected BlackBerry smartphones. For more information, see KB12532.
Once the latest BlackBerry Device Software has been installed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, please perform the following:
- Delete the subfolders in the PackageCache folder found at C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\PackageCache.
- Delete the PKGDBCACHE.xml and specification.pkg files. These files are found at :\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Applications.
- Re-index the application by performing the following steps:
- Open a command prompt and go to :\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader.
- Type loader /reindex.
- Go to :\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Applications and confirm that the pkgdbcache.xml and specification.pkg files exist.
The views expressed by me on Port3101 and its affiliated sites are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.