View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Proprietor

So what do your teams look like for 2011? Auburn will likely have an 8 or 9 win season. We have a lot of YOUNG talent. We're expecting another Top 4 recruiting class and will possibly take the recruiting title this season if all of the pieces fall into place. We'll see how that goes.

We lose:
Offense:
- Four starters from the OL (Lee Ziemba, Ryan Pugh, Byron Isom, Mike Berry)
- Cam Newton, the Heisman trophy winner
- Darvin Adams, Auburn's 6th leading receiver all-time, Terrell Zachery, and Kodi Burns from the WR corps
- Mario Fannin

That is at least 8 starters on offense. OUCH!

Defense:
- Nick Fairley, the most dominant defensive player in the country this season
- Hot Boy Carter, Zach Clayton, and Mike Blanc from the DL
- Demond Washington and Aairon Savage from the secondary
- Josh Bynes and Craig Stevens from the LB corps

That is up to 7 starters on the defensive side of the ball.

Talk about being a young team! We are thin in almost all areas in experience, but we also have a ton of talent in nearly all positions. We have a lot of tough road games this year, so I think this is going to be an experience-gaining season for the Tigers and then leading into a potential title shot in 2012 (favorable schedule, experienced sophomore/junior-heavy team, etc).

The SEC also doesn't look like it will be in a position to compete for a title. LSU and USCe are the two likely championship contenders, but neither are what I'd consider "great" teams (not by our recent standards).

I'll suggest an early national championship of Oklahoma versus Ohio State.

The views expressed by me on Port3101.org are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.