View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Husker Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I only said we'd pull commits from most of that list. I still left some wiggle room to lose one or two. But I also think that a quote or two from an upstanding kid's father is an entirely different story than some complimentary things being said by the kid following a visit ("I give it a 10!"). The content of the comments from his father also strike me as particularly interesting in favor of AU.
Hmm, ok, whatever. I still say that you're counting your chickens not only before the eggs hatch, but before the eggs have even been laid, since the kid has SIXTEEN colleges listed with EQUAL preference. Let me know when he moves Auburn above the pack of the other 15 on his preference list.

I won't try to claim that we've got kids like that "almost committed" or anything of the like - way too early. I will say though, that Nebraska is on 15 of the 150 kids lists, vs. 8 who have Auburn on their lists. Oh, and of those 15 - 2 actually HAVE already committed to the Huskers.
NCAA record 311 consecutive sellouts, dating to 1962.
In an NCAA record 348 consecutive AP polls, including 96 consecutive Top 10 weeks.
Appeared in NCAA record 35 consecutive bowl games.
NCAA record 3 (Undefeated) National Championships in 4 seasons.