View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Proprietor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
That's great, but I have to say, Nebraska is off to an even faster start! We've already got verbals from 3 recruits for 2011, and two of the three are on Rival's just released "Rivals250 to Watch 2011" list - as is Region.

Jamal Turner - dual threat QB out of Arlington, TX Sam Houston. Threw AND ran for over 1800 yards each as a Junior this last season.

Tyler Moore - OL from Clearwater, FL Countryside. This one will likely end up in the top few OL in the nation, if not THE top OL. He turned down scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State and West Virginia - among others - to commit to Nebraska.

Our third commit is the top OL in the State of Nebraska, and probably one of the top dozen or so in the country, but he didn't make the early Rivals250 list although talk is he's close and may yet crack it as the list changes over the next year before signing day.

Ryne Reeves - OL, Crete, NE.

I have to say, with those three recruits already verballing to Nebraska, and with 6 of the 7 early polls placing us in the top 10 (as high as #5 for two of them) the future is looking very bright again!
We'll pull commits from most of the following prospects: Christian Westerman (5-star, #2 OT), Erique Florence (4-star, #3 CB), Kiehl Frazier (4-star, #3 QB), Gabe Wright (4-star, #8 DT), C.J. Uzomah (4-star, #9 QB), LaMichael Fanning (4-star, #11 DE), Bray Cook (4-star, #11 OT).

Fanning and Florence are within 15 minutes of AU (Fanning plays for Auburn High School and Florence plays for my old high school, Valley). Florence is a life-long AU fan and will likely be a 3-time all-state safety at the end of next season (not bad considering VHS plays in 5A football, out of six classifications in AL).

One interesting thing about AU now is that we're pulling a lot of players from the Arkansas area due to Malzahn's legendary status there. Two of the recruits above are from the Springdale area where Malzahn first implemented the Wildcat offense and won two state championships in his five years as head coach of Springdale High.

The views expressed by me on Port3101.org are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.