View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Husker Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Looks like Auburn is off to a fast start for 2011 recruiting. Spencer Region, a lifetime Alabama fan who said just last week that it was his childhood dream to play for the Tide, decommitted from UA and commited to Auburn! Boooyah! He's going to be the top OL in Alabama and one of the top linemen in the nation next season. At 6'6 345lbs, he's not a small boy either.

Auburn adds 2011 commitment from offensive lineman Spencer Region | The Gold Mine - al.com
That's great, but I have to say, Nebraska is off to an even faster start! We've already got verbals from 3 recruits for 2011, and two of the three are on Rival's just released "Rivals250 to Watch 2011" list - as is Region.

Jamal Turner - dual threat QB out of Arlington, TX Sam Houston. Threw AND ran for over 1800 yards each as a Junior this last season.

Tyler Moore - OL from Clearwater, FL Countryside. This one will likely end up in the top few OL in the nation, if not THE top OL. He turned down scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State and West Virginia - among others - to commit to Nebraska.

Our third commit is the top OL in the State of Nebraska, and probably one of the top dozen or so in the country, but he didn't make the early Rivals250 list although talk is he's close and may yet crack it as the list changes over the next year before signing day.

Ryne Reeves - OL, Crete, NE.

I have to say, with those three recruits already verballing to Nebraska, and with 6 of the 7 early polls placing us in the top 10 (as high as #5 for two of them) the future is looking very bright again!
NCAA record 311 consecutive sellouts, dating to 1962.
In an NCAA record 348 consecutive AP polls, including 96 consecutive Top 10 weeks.
Appeared in NCAA record 35 consecutive bowl games.
NCAA record 3 (Undefeated) National Championships in 4 seasons.

Last edited by DallasFlier; 02-09-2010 at 10:49 PM.