View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Proprietor

This is the final week of non-Spring football. I'm quite nervous and anxious and happy about this recruiting class. I know the Florida fans are absolutely overjoyed about their class. Auburn is watching closely for the following stories in recruiting:

- Where does DJ Howard sign? Does he stay committed to Auburn, or does he go to Clemson? Howard is a RB who was timed at summer camps with a legit 4.34 to 4.40 forty yard speed. He plans to make his final decision on Wednesday.

- Where does Shon Coleman sign? Auburn was early to offer and he has been committed since. Coleman has recently taken his official visits to Alabama, Miami, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. He plans to make his final decision on Wednesday.

- Do we get Marcus Lattimore's signature? Lattimore is the top RB in the nation and would round out our attempts at ringing in the two top RBs in the nation (in addition to already committed Michael Dyer). He will be announcing at his church on Tuesday night at 6:00 PM.

- Do we get Byran Jones? He is deciding between the hometown Razorbacks and Auburn. We have made a late push and having two other Arkansas natives (Dyer and his teammate Dakota Moseley) doesn't hurt. Rumor is that he has posted on Facebook he will be signing with Auburn. He will announce sometime on Wednesday.

- Do we get Jeffrey Whitaker? He is deciding between the hometown Bulldogs, Auburn, and Miami. He's a big defensive tackle that has vaulted up the Rivals 100 list. He will be announcing tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST.

- Do we get Corey Lemonier? The rumors have said he was an AU lock, but FSU has made recent in-roads for his signature. He is one of the top defensive ends in the nation. He will announce on Wednesday around noon.

Also, in other news, it appears the NCAA has sent a Preliminary Letter of Inquiry (PLOI) to USC. It is said to have two dozen major violations listed. WOW!

NCAA probe of USC complete - College Football - Rivals.com

The views expressed by me on Port3101.org are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.